Subject: Re: bug#31311: 27.0; doc of `pcase'

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 12:43:50 +0200

() Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
() Tue, 15 May 2018 17:16:00 +0200

   BTW, keywords are another case - it might be obvious that
   trying to bind these symbols might not be a good idea, but it
   should be told for completeness.

Thanks; good catch.  See commit 2db569560c, just pushed.

   Maybe we should move the ATOM case in the pattern list of the
   pcase docstring before the SYMBOL case?

Please see these commits:
 80ed201  (docstring) explode "ATOM"; flatten; zonk "match themselves" sentence
 f927f6a  (docstring) move { 'VAL, KEYWORD, INTEGER, STRING } prior to SYMBOL

Similarly, for QPAT:
 e436b49  for structural / Q-pattern, replace "atom" w/ SYMBOL, INTEGER, STRING

The list in Texinfo has been likewise re-ordered.  (Sorry, too
much bother to dig up specific commits -- you can build .info or
.pdf and take a look for yourself.)

Change of focus: In commit 5b775cf3fc there is an Issue.  WDYT?

-- 
Thien-Thi Nguyen -----------------------------------------------
 (defun responsep (query)
   (pcase (context query)
     (`(technical ,ml) (correctp ml))
     ...))                              748E A0E8 1CB8 A748 9BFA
--------------------------------------- 6CE4 6703 2224 4C80 7502