Subject: Re: [bug#31308] [PATCH 0/3] Support u-boot on wandboard and mx6cuboxi

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 14:18:11 -0700

On 2018-04-30, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> skribis:
>> The following patches enable u-boot builds for wandboard and mx6cuboxi.
>>
>> Both u-boot builds require the inclusion of the "SPL" file.
>>
>> Tested on Wandboard Solo and Hummingboard-i1.
>
> Did you install these U-Boot packages on these boards, or did you go as
> far as running GuixSD on them?

I only went as far as using guix to build the bootloaders and manually
install them, and tested that they successfully booted... Debian. :)

The boards I tested on were only single-core with 512MB of ram, so would
be a bit difficult to run GuixSD on.

However, this u-boot build should also work on the Wandboard Quad or
CuBox-i4, which have quad-core CPUs and 2-4GB of ram, which might
actually be useable with GuixSD. There's also been recent good progress
on free graphics drivers for this family of SoC.

> Thank you for these first patches!  :-)

Thanks for having such a nice project to contribute patches to!

I've got some work-in-progress on a few more boards, but haven't had a
chance to boot test them, and some with non-trivial changes (at least
with my rank beginner guile skills)... will submit eventually. :)

live well,
  vagrant