Subject: Re: bug#31305: 27.0.50; Symlinks recognized as dirs

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 14:00:50 +0200

Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 08:10:04PM +0200, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> > 1. We don't support macOS older than 10.10.  (Perhaps that should be
> >    10.11 once 10.15 is released in October?)
>
> As far as I’m aware we support back to 10.6. Apple only support the
> three most recent versions, so currently 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14.
>
> There has been some discussion around dropping support for older macOS
> versions, but we still have a number of active users and Emacs
> developers running 10.6.

Interesting.  In the context of this bug, and given Paul Eggert's
comments earlier, do we still want to fix this?  It's been documented
in etc/PROBLEMS and is fixed by an upgrade to 10.10.

IMHO, this bug is so minor that it's not worth spending time on at
this point.  Does anyone object to closing this as wontfix?  Is that
against our policy since we still technically support 10.6 through
10.9?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas