Subject: bug#31305: 27.0.50; Symlinks recognized as dirs

From: David Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 16:17:22 -0700

On 5/18/18 10:16 AM, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 05/18/2018 03:22 AM, David Caldwell wrote:
>> $ src/emacs -Q -batch -eval '(message "%S" (file-name-completion "pass"
>> "."))'
>> "passwd"
> 
> Thanks for checking that it works on OS X 10.10.
> 
>> Since this doesn't seem to match your hypothesis, do you still want me
>> to try it with the "/./" patch you sent?
> 
> I wouldn't bother. If the bug is fixed in OS X 10.10 and Apple itself
> doesn't support older systems, then we shouldn't need to worry about
> this bug upstream. I suggest building Emacs for OS X 10.10, recommending
> 10.10 (or later) builds to users, and warning that there may be glitches
> if people use builds for older systems. To document this I installed the
> attached into the emacs-26 branch.

Ok. So I'll start building on at least 10.10. I think Alan made some
changes so that we can actually build on the latest OS and set it so
it'll run on older versions and maybe I start doing that soon since it
should vastly simplify the build process.

-David