Subject: bug#31298: closed (Re: [bug#31298] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: Add yubico-piv-tool.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 05:50:02 +0000

Your bug report

#31298: [PATCH 0/2] Add some packages related to security tokens

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31298: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31298
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#31298] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: Add yubico-piv-tool.
From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 22:49:40 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> I think you can omit the bit about the m4/ directory since it’s pretty
> much the same story in many packages.

That's true.  I've tidied up the comment and committed this as
ba8d8820fc823eff8e71ab3157e3728f67094373.

Thank you for the review!

-- 
Chris

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Add some packages related to security tokens
From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 03:57:13 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix!

These two patches add opensc and yubico-piv-tool.  The former is
useful because, among other reasons, its PKCS#11 shared library can be
used with an SSH agent to fetch credentials from a smart card (such as
a YubiKey).  The latter is useful for interacting with the PIV
application on a YubiKey.  I have verified that both of these work on
my system for those purposes, with a YubiKey.

To successfully use the OpenSC PKCS#11 shared library with an SSH
agent, you need to take care to start your ssh-agent with the -P
option to whitelist the path of the library's .so file.  If you don't
do that, then any attempt to invoke ssh-add with the -s option will
fail with a generic message.

Chris Marusich (2):
  gnu: Add opensc.
  gnu: Add yubico-piv-tool.

 gnu/packages/security-token.scm | 91 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 91 insertions(+)

-- 
2.17.0