Subject: bug#31294: Failed building dependencies for guix.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 18:04:28 +0200

Hi,

Fis Trivial <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Use following steps to reproduce:
> $ env -i bash --norc --noprofile --login
> $ guix environment guix
>
> Error message:
>
> The following derivations will be built:
>    /gnu/store/c53mj37x2dnrgmrpagpv9l5c2ghly2hy-profile.drv
>    /gnu/store/vpvx01j2qs31lfix131n1akwdjwf5s4z-xdg-desktop-database.drv
>    /gnu/store/hr8xa2inki6lfbn8v9jfgmygbxygszs2-xdg-mime-database.drv
>    /gnu/store/5y6mkv079xq5hnfajxfwky0kfc6ffy3p-info-dir.drv
>    /gnu/store/95glrzk2y6p6b3z7hlmdignzzvxjvi2r-manual-database.drv
> Backtrace:
>           10 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/mpy5w5gprs1ymrl3kwhqwr2jvnk?")
> In ice-9/eval.scm:
>    721:20  9 (primitive-eval (begin (use-modules (guix build #) ?) ?))
> In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
>   1235:36  8 (expand-top-sequence ((begin (use-modules (# # ?) ?) ?)) ?)
>   1182:24  7 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
>   1182:24  6 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
>    285:10  5 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval) ?)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   3365:20  4 (process-use-modules _)
>    222:17  3 (map1 (((guix build utils)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi ?)) ?))
>   3366:31  2 (_ ((guix build utils)))
>    2791:6  1 (resolve-interface _ #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ # _ ?)
> In unknown file:
>            0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no code for modu?" ?) ?)
>
> ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
> no code for module (guix build utils)
> builder for `/gnu/store/5y6mkv079xq5hnfajxfwky0kfc6ffy3p-info-dir.drv' failed with exit code 1

This looks like <https://bugs.gnu.org/28144>, which we don’t understand
yet.

(Most likely changing the Bash environment just led you to ignore
~/.config/guix/latest (or vice versa), thereby leading you to use a
different set of Guix compiled modules.)

Could you paste /gnu/store/5y6mkv079xq5hnfajxfwky0kfc6ffy3p-info-dir.drv ?

Also, could you post ~/.config/guix/latest/guix/profiles.go and
/run/current-system/profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache/guix/profiles.go ?
(Perhaps you’ll need to gzip them to be sure.)

Thanks in advance,
Ludo’.