Subject: bug#31294: Failed building dependencies for guix.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 12:20:38 +0200

Hi,

Fis Trivial <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès writes:

[...]

>> Could you paste /gnu/store/5y6mkv079xq5hnfajxfwky0kfc6ffy3p-info-dir.drv ?

[...]

> "/gnu/store/32qhdh8q4ba9lzp20495lw3a4cx0p3mp-guile-2.2.3/bin/guile",["--no-auto-compile","/gnu/store/mpy5w5gprs1ymrl3kwhqwr2jvnkdnvh7-info-dir-builder"],[("allowSubstitutes","0"),("out","/gnu/store/dpc817mql6764c6banrljn8lyjjjaf66-info-dir"),("preferLocalBuild","1")])

As in Chris’s case, there’s no -L or -C here.

>> Also, could you post ~/.config/guix/latest/guix/profiles.go and
>> /run/current-system/profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache/guix/profiles.go ?
>> (Perhaps you’ll need to gzip them to be sure.)
>>
>
> I couldn't find
> /run/current-system/profile/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache/guix/profiles.go
> you are talking about, I did `find . -iname "profiles.go"` in /run/ as
> root but didn't find the file you are talking about, not even the
> directory "current-system". But ~/.config/guix/latest/guix/profiles.go
> is attached in the mail.

Apparently the profiles.go you sent is correct.

To find out where the faulty profiles.go is, could you:

  1. Run ‘guix environment guix’ in the environment that triggers the
     error, but run it under ‘strace’:

       strace -f -o log guix environment guix

  2. grep that ‘log’ file along these lines:

       grep 'open.*guix/profiles\.go.*= [0-9]' log

  3. gzip that profiles.go file and send it.

Thanks in advance,
Ludo’.