Subject: bug#31287: closed (Re: bug#31287: qemu-minimal-2.10.2 fails to build)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 12:56:02 +0000

Your bug report

#31287: qemu-minimal-2.10.2 fails to build

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31287: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31287
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#31287: qemu-minimal-2.10.2 fails to build
From: Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 14:55:20 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello Guix
>
> Currently `guix build grub --keep-failed' fails with the following error:
>
> TEST: tests/test-hmp... (pid=13798)
>   /i386/hmp/pc-0.12:                                                   OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.4:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-1.3:                                                    OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.7:                                                OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.6:                                                OK
>   /i386/hmp/none:                                                      OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-1.7:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.8:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-1.6:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.7:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.10:                                            OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-0.11:                                                   OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.3:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-0.10:                                                   OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-1.2:                                                    OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.2:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/isapc:                                                     OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.5:                                                OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-0.15:                                                   OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-0.14:                                                   OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-1.5:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.6:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-1.4:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.5:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.9:                                                OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-1.1:                                                    OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.1:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.8:                                                OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-1.0:                                                    OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.0:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.4:                                                OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.9:                                             OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-0.13:                                                   OK
>   /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.10:                                               OK
> PASS: tests/test-hmp
> make: *** [/tmp/guix-build-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv-0/qemu-2.10.2/tests/Makefile.include:837: check-qtest-i386] Error 1
> phase `check' failed after 398.0 seconds
> note: keeping build directory `/tmp/guix-build-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv-0'
> builder for `/gnu/store/66dx3lqbgfff0abfccwsk8yk5718q1sm-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv' failed with exit code 1
> @ build-failed /gnu/store/66dx3lqbgfff0abfccwsk8yk5718q1sm-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv - 1 builder for `/gnu/store/66dx3lqbgfff0abfccwsk8yk5718q1sm-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv' failed with exit code 1
> cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/hlc5kmwwwzacbw7avmsp4fwki129hal7-grub-2.02.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
> guix build: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/hlc5kmwwwzacbw7avmsp4fwki129hal7-grub-2.02.drv' failed
>
> This also breaks `guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm'.
>
> I run GuixSD (commit: 2216b6f4108abfb2f75db7667beaa46ee7d630e8) on an
> x86_64 machine.

I am closing this as I can no longer reproduce this error.  It failed a
couple of times in a row but after rebooting (I did not run `guix pull'
so I am still on the same commit) the build succeeds every time.

Sorry for the noise

Diego

Subject: qemu-minimal-2.10.2 fails to build
From: Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 10:53:18 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix

Currently `guix build grub --keep-failed' fails with the following error:

TEST: tests/test-hmp... (pid=13798)
  /i386/hmp/pc-0.12:                                                   OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.4:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-1.3:                                                    OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.7:                                                OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.6:                                                OK
  /i386/hmp/none:                                                      OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-1.7:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.8:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-1.6:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.7:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.10:                                            OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-0.11:                                                   OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.3:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-0.10:                                                   OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-1.2:                                                    OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.2:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/isapc:                                                     OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.5:                                                OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-0.15:                                                   OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-0.14:                                                   OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-1.5:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.6:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-1.4:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.5:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.9:                                                OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-1.1:                                                    OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.1:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.8:                                                OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-1.0:                                                    OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.0:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.4:                                                OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.9:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-0.13:                                                   OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.10:                                               OK
PASS: tests/test-hmp
make: *** [/tmp/guix-build-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv-0/qemu-2.10.2/tests/Makefile.include:837: check-qtest-i386] Error 1
phase `check' failed after 398.0 seconds
note: keeping build directory `/tmp/guix-build-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv-0'
builder for `/gnu/store/66dx3lqbgfff0abfccwsk8yk5718q1sm-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv' failed with exit code 1
@ build-failed /gnu/store/66dx3lqbgfff0abfccwsk8yk5718q1sm-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv - 1 builder for `/gnu/store/66dx3lqbgfff0abfccwsk8yk5718q1sm-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv' failed with exit code 1
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/hlc5kmwwwzacbw7avmsp4fwki129hal7-grub-2.02.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix build: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/hlc5kmwwwzacbw7avmsp4fwki129hal7-grub-2.02.drv' failed

This also breaks `guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm'.

I run GuixSD (commit: 2216b6f4108abfb2f75db7667beaa46ee7d630e8) on an
x86_64 machine.

Greetings

Diego