Subject: bug#31287: qemu-minimal-2.10.2 fails to build

From: Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 10:53:18 +0200

Hello Guix

Currently `guix build grub --keep-failed' fails with the following error:

TEST: tests/test-hmp... (pid=13798)
  /i386/hmp/pc-0.12:                                                   OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.4:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-1.3:                                                    OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.7:                                                OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.6:                                                OK
  /i386/hmp/none:                                                      OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-1.7:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.8:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-1.6:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.7:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.10:                                            OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-0.11:                                                   OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.3:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-0.10:                                                   OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-1.2:                                                    OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.2:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/isapc:                                                     OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.5:                                                OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-0.15:                                                   OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-0.14:                                                   OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-1.5:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.6:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-1.4:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.5:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.9:                                                OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-1.1:                                                    OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.1:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.8:                                                OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-1.0:                                                    OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.0:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.4:                                                OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-i440fx-2.9:                                             OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-0.13:                                                   OK
  /i386/hmp/pc-q35-2.10:                                               OK
PASS: tests/test-hmp
make: *** [/tmp/guix-build-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv-0/qemu-2.10.2/tests/Makefile.include:837: check-qtest-i386] Error 1
phase `check' failed after 398.0 seconds
note: keeping build directory `/tmp/guix-build-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv-0'
builder for `/gnu/store/66dx3lqbgfff0abfccwsk8yk5718q1sm-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv' failed with exit code 1
@ build-failed /gnu/store/66dx3lqbgfff0abfccwsk8yk5718q1sm-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv - 1 builder for `/gnu/store/66dx3lqbgfff0abfccwsk8yk5718q1sm-qemu-minimal-2.10.2.drv' failed with exit code 1
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/hlc5kmwwwzacbw7avmsp4fwki129hal7-grub-2.02.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix build: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/hlc5kmwwwzacbw7avmsp4fwki129hal7-grub-2.02.drv' failed

This also breaks `guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm'.

I run GuixSD (commit: 2216b6f4108abfb2f75db7667beaa46ee7d630e8) on an
x86_64 machine.

Greetings

Diego