Subject: Re: bug#31286: 26.1; edebug prevents closing

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 11:46:22 +0300

> From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 10:24:57 +0200
> 
> Hi, this is a very old issue, don't see it at https://debbugs.gnu.org/:
> 
> when closing a file where a function was instrumented running edebug, 
> Emacs refuses to get shut down afterwards. After answering the common 
> closing questionaire, a buffer appears again and again showing
> 
> Debugger entered: nil
>    edebug--display-1(nil 0 before)
>    edebug--display(nil 0 before)
>    edebug-debugger(0 before nil)
>    edebug-before(0)
>    ...
> 
> and thats it.

I can reproduce this only partially.  After killing the buffer that
visits the file whose function was instrumented using edebug-defun, I
indeed see an error and a backtrace when I invoke a command which
calls that function.  But I have no problem shutting down Emacs,
either before or after the backtrace pops up.

So I'm guessing some other customization of yours is involved; please
try in "emacs -Q" to see if your observations are different from mine.

If you can reproduce this starting with "emacs -Q", please show a
recipe.

Thanks.