Subject: Re: bug#31248: 27.0.50; Regression: Multibyte text in HTTP request

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 21:54:10 +0200

Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]> writes:
>> It's up to the callers to encode the POST bodies, I think, and the
>> commit you pointed to doesn't seem to change anything in that area,
>> unless I'm misreading something, which is quite possible.
>>
>> That's why I'm wondering what code you were using that triggered this
>> bug.
>
> Got it, in that case I'm using magithub, which uses ghub to create a
> github pull request. The PR body has those two emoji in it.
>
> https://github.com/vermiculus/magithub/
> https://github.com/magit/ghub

Oh, then it's not a thing I can easily reproduce here.  Darn.

When you get home, can you try the same pull request both with that
commit and with that commit reverted and see whether it really is that
commit that's the culprit?  That would help a lot.  Also setting
url-debug to t and looking at the *URL-DEBUG* might be helpful...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no