Subject: 25.1; AIX 7.2: emacs does not start in X11 window

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 10:28:12 +0200

It's on a fresh install of AIX 7.2. I got the packages from Bull for
Emacs 25.1:
emacs-X11-25.1-1.ppc
emacs-25.1-1.ppc

Other X11 programs work normally, but emacs starts in the terminal
window only.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.9.0)
 of 2017-03-24 built on castor1.coopibm.frec.bull.fr
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/freeware --info=/opt/freeware/info
 --libexecdir=/opt/freeware/lib --sharedstatedir=/var --with-pop
 --with-x=no CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-O2 ' LDFLAGS=-s'

Configured features:
JPEG DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
regexp-opt rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode
easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils term/xterm xterm
time-date disp-table mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind gfilenotify multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 85423 5849)
 (symbols 24 18837 0)
 (miscs 20 81 162)
 (strings 16 14196 4263)
 (string-bytes 1 408915)
 (vectors 8 9751)
 (vector-slots 4 388250 1786)
 (floats 8 148 145)
 (intervals 28 250 269)
 (buffers 520 20))