Subject: bug#31240: 26.1; mouse-save-then-kill does not kill rectangles

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2018 09:39:54 +0200

> While fixing the mistake, I found the function line-number-at-pos,
 > which uses the same method I was using (after your correction) to
 > calculate the line number. I'm attaching a new patch which uses this
 > function instead.

OK.  I'll install it in a few days if there are no objections.

BTW 'line-number-at-pos' is overly complicated, there is no need for
'start' in it, it should simply do

       (save-excursion
         (goto-char opoint)
         (forward-line 0)
         (1+ (count-lines (point-min) (point)))))))

instead.

 > Slightly related question: is it better for me to keep sending patches
 > with all my changes and fixes included, or is it better to send an
 > initial one, and then send additional (smaller) patches with fixes to
 > the first one?

Personally, I prefer "patches with all changes and fixes included"
because that makes it easy for me to throw them away immediately and
resurrect them any time later.

martin