Subject: Re: [bug#31237] [PATCH] gnu: Add runc.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 00:08:25 +0200

Hello,

宋文武 <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/virtualization.scm (runc): New variable.

Nice!

> +(define-public runc
> +  (package
> +    (name "runc")
> +    (version "1.0.0-rc5")

If the actual release is going to be out soon, I’d be in favor of
waiting for it; an RC doesn’t sound great.  WDYT?

> +    (build-system gnu-build-system)

Would ‘go-build-system’ work better?  Or is it something of a hybrid
(apparently it has makefiles)?

> +    (arguments
> +     '(#:tests? #f                      ; FIXME: 20/139 tests fail.

Have you looked a bit into them, just to see if it’s one of the usual
things (/bin/sh, networking, etc.) or if it’s more involved?

> +               (invoke "make"))))

Perhaps honor (parallel-job-count).

> +    (synopsis "Open container initiative runtime")
> +    (home-page "https://www.opencontainers.org/")
> +    (description
> +     "@command{runc} is a command line client for running applications
> +packaged according to the Open Container Initiative (OCI) format and is a
                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
An @uref would be nice.  :-)

Thanks!

Ludo’.