Subject: bug#31233: 26.1; Emacs terminated unexpectedly

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 23:28:55 -0400

At 05:46 +0300 on Sunday 2018-04-22, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> Yes, see the node "Crashing" in the Emacs manual.

Thanks. (I had tried looking in etc/DEBUG and didn't find the
information there.)

That gives the following: [But please also see the full backtrace
from the core dump that I sent in my other post
(https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31233#8).]

  emacs_backtrace at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/sysdep.c:2410
  terminate_due_to_signal at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/emacs.c:388
  deliver_fatal_signal at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/sysdep.c:1774
  deliver_thread_signal at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/sysdep.c:1744
  deliver_fatal_thread_signal at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/sysdep.c:1782
  ?? ??:0
  mem_find at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/alloc.c:4209
  mark_maybe_object at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/alloc.c:4808 (discriminator 4)
  mark_memory at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/alloc.c:4983
  mark_stack at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/alloc.c:5204
  mark_one_thread at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/thread.c:618
  mark_threads_callback at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/thread.c:643 (discriminator 3)
  flush_stack_call_func at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/alloc.c:5226
  mark_threads at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/thread.c:657
  garbage_collect_1 at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/alloc.c:6004
  Fgarbage_collect at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/alloc.c:6173
  maybe_gc at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/lisp.h:4749
  Ffuncall at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:2753
  exec_byte_code at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/bytecode.c:629
  funcall_lambda at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:3052
  Ffuncall at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:2771
  exec_byte_code at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/bytecode.c:629
  funcall_lambda at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:3052
  Ffuncall at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:2771
  Fapply at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:2342
  funcall_subr at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:2824
  Ffuncall at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:2769
  exec_byte_code at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/bytecode.c:629
  funcall_lambda at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:2970
  Ffuncall at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:2771
  call1 at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:2621
  timer_check_2 at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/keyboard.c:4463
  timer_check at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/keyboard.c:4524 (discriminator 2)
  readable_events at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/keyboard.c:3344
  get_input_pending at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/keyboard.c:6824 (discriminator 2)
  swallow_events at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/keyboard.c:4266
  Fredisplay at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/dispnew.c:5814
  funcall_subr at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:2844
  Ffuncall at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:2769
  exec_byte_code at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/bytecode.c:629
  funcall_lambda at /data/projects/vc/emacs/git/emacs/src/eval.c:2970

Thanks.

--
N.