Subject: bug#31231: Symbol search broken in NEWS and ChangeLogs

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 15:20:04 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Modifying the syntax of ‘'’ to ‘expression quote’ looks good since it
>> will correctly handle spell-checking words with an apostrophe with
>> this patch that solves the problem for ChangeLogs:
>
> Pushed to master as bcee160.
>
>> Maybe creating a new minor mode for NEWS files that in addition
>> to modifying the syntax of quotes will also highlight quoted symbols
>> with a special face like is used currently in Info.
>
> I'm not sure if implementing such mode just for NEWS is worthwhile enough.

Skimming this thread, it sounds like bcee160 fixed the reported bug?
And a mode for NEWS was deemed not worthwhile, so it seems like
everything was covered?  So I'm closing this bug report.  If this is
wrong, please reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no