Subject: bug#31223: [PATCH] Fix empty/incorrect GTK menus on HiDPI monitors with window scaling factor > 1

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 10:44:08 +0100

>>>>> On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 10:32:39 +0100, Tobias Bading <[email-masked]> said:
    >> If those are all the same bug we should merge them.

    Tobias> Noam Postavsky already did that over a year ago, although I have no idea
    Tobias> what
    Tobias> "merging" means in this bug tracker. The new comments don't appear in the
    Tobias> merged reports and there's no indication as to which report became kind
    Tobias> of the
    Tobias> leading one after the merged. I simply chose 31223 because that's the
    Tobias> one Noam
    Tobias> sent his "merge 23672 28106 31223" command to, if I'm reading it right.

Iʼm seeing your messages and mine in 31223. I donʼt think it matters
which one you choose.

    Tobias> This change in xg_update_frame_menubar is already a part of my patch,
    Tobias> with the
    Tobias> only difference that I replaced the empty line. Or am I reading this hunk
    Tobias> wrong?

Yes, my mistake, I oversnipped the diff.

    >> This seems correct as well. Probably rec.x and rec.y need scaling as
    Tobias> well, for
    >> the multi-monitor case, which will require some cabling for me to test.

    Tobias> Good point. The documentation of gdk_monitor_get_geometry() says

    Tobias> "Retrieves the size and position of an individual monitor within the display
    Tobias> coordinate space. The returned geometry is in "application pixels", not in
    Tobias> "device pixels" (see gdk_monitor_get_scale_factor())."

    Tobias> Unfortunately, I don't have a second monitor at hand to test this.

I do, but not until tonight at the earliest.

Regards

Robert