Subject: Re: bug#31223: 25.3; New menus are empty with GTK3

From: Thomas Schneider <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 10:36:59 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > So you are saying that when you click on "Text" in this case, no menu
>> > drops down, is that right?
>> 
>> If you watch closely, you can see that a menu spawns, but contains no
>> items at all.
>> 
>> > Do these menus ever get "filled", or do they stay empty no matter what
>> > you do?
>> 
>> If I open the menu with F10, they are filled normally, as well M-x
>> accelerate-menu RET.
>
> And if, after that, you click on the menu with the mouse, you then see
> the menu drop down normally?

Yes.  As soon as I once opened the menu via F10 or another method, I can
use them with the mouse normally.  Until they are updated again
(e. g. switching to a buffer with a different mode and own menus), then
the content has disappeared again.