Subject: Re: bug#31209: 27.0.50; current-kill calls interprogram-paste-function more than once

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 19:58:10 +0100

"Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:

> The second suggests potential clarifications in related documentation,
> both in '(elisp) Low-Level Kill Ring' and simple.el docstrings.
> Hopefully someone can further improve upon these.

I just noticed one more thing.  The docstring of
interprogram-paste-function ends with:

  Note that the function should return a string only if a program
  other than Emacs has provided a string for pasting; if Emacs
  provided the most recent string, the function should return nil.
  If it is difficult to tell whether Emacs or some other program
  provided the current string, it is probably good enough to return
  nil if the string is equal (according to `string=') to the last
                                            ^^^^^^^
  text Emacs provided.

Would equal-including-properties (as per kill-do-not-save-duplicates) be
more accurate here, or is string= fine?

-- 
Basil