Subject: bug#31208: closed (Re: [bug#31208] [PATCH 0/3] Add 'strip-runpath' in (guix build gremlin))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 09:25:02 +0000

Your bug report

#31208: [PATCH 0/3] Add 'strip-runpath' in (guix build gremlin)

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31208: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31208
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#31208] [PATCH 0/3] Add 'strip-runpath' in (guix build gremlin)
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Peter Mikkelsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 11:24:33 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> Back to this patch series, it means we still need ‘augment-rpath’.  :-/
> I suppose we can still apply these patches to ‘core-updates-next’
> though, it’s a step in the right direction.

Done!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Add 'strip-runpath' in (guix build gremlin)
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>,Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, Peter Mikkelsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 18:38:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

As discussed before, this patch set is a first stab at getting rid of
PatchELF (which has portability issues) in particular in the Meson build
system.  (The patches are for the next ‘core-updates’.)

The second patch adds ‘strip-runpath’.  It doesn’t add ‘augment-rpath’
though, because that’s a bit more involved (it needs to grow the string
table and the section it’s in), and so I wanted to make sure we really
need it first.  :-)

In the discussion of ‘meson-build-system’ in
<https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28444>, we didn’t discuss
this specific part.  Peter & Marius: can you explain whether/why this is
needed?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  gremlin: Preserve offset info for dynamic entries.
  gremlin: Add 'strip-runpath'.
  build-system/meson: Use 'strip-runpath' instead of PatchELF.

 guix/build/gremlin.scm            | 130 +++++++++++++++++++++---------
 guix/build/meson-build-system.scm |   2 +-
 tests/gremlin.scm                 |  35 +++++++-
 3 files changed, 129 insertions(+), 38 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.0