Subject: [bug#31208] [PATCH 0/3] Add 'strip-runpath' in (guix build gremlin)

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 18:38:42 +0200

Hello!

As discussed before, this patch set is a first stab at getting rid of
PatchELF (which has portability issues) in particular in the Meson build
system.  (The patches are for the next ‘core-updates’.)

The second patch adds ‘strip-runpath’.  It doesn’t add ‘augment-rpath’
though, because that’s a bit more involved (it needs to grow the string
table and the section it’s in), and so I wanted to make sure we really
need it first.  :-)

In the discussion of ‘meson-build-system’ in
<https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28444>, we didn’t discuss
this specific part.  Peter & Marius: can you explain whether/why this is
needed?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  gremlin: Preserve offset info for dynamic entries.
  gremlin: Add 'strip-runpath'.
  build-system/meson: Use 'strip-runpath' instead of PatchELF.

 guix/build/gremlin.scm            | 130 +++++++++++++++++++++---------
 guix/build/meson-build-system.scm |   2 +-
 tests/gremlin.scm                 |  35 +++++++-
 3 files changed, 129 insertions(+), 38 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.0