Subject: Re: bug#31207: 26; Doc strings of commands and other functions of `replace.el'

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 13:36:41 +0200

>>>>> On Sun, 6 Oct 2019 10:27:23 -0700 (PDT), Drew Adams <[email-masked]> said:

    Drew> Ping.
    Drew> I was about to file a new bug, just to say that for
    Drew> `query-replace(-regexp)' there is no description of
    Drew> argument REGION-NONCONTIGUOUS-P.

query-replace:

    Arguments FROM-STRING, TO-STRING, DELIMITED, START, END, BACKWARD, and
    REGION-NONCONTIGUOUS-P are passed to `perform-replace' (which see).

perform-replace:

    Non-nil REGION-NONCONTIGUOUS-P means that the region is composed of
    noncontiguous pieces.  The most common example of this is a
    rectangular region, where the pieces are separated by newline
    characters."

    Drew> Checked my posted bug reports and came across this
    Drew> one, which never got a reply.

    Drew> The functions in `replace.el' really need to have
    Drew> their arguments described in their doc strings.

Did you have specific functions in mind? There are quite a few in that
file.

Robert