Subject: bug#31196: 27.0.50; shr sometimes doesn't break lines as it should

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 19:03:38 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> With the following HTML, on this laptop with whatever font Emacs is
> using right now, 80 characters wide, the following is one pixel too
> wide:

This is the problem, I think:

(- (window-body-width nil t)
   (* 2 (frame-char-width))
   (if (and (null shr-width)
            (not (shr--have-one-fringe-p)))
       (* (frame-char-width) 2)
     0))

This kludge is how shr computes how many pixels the window has
horizontally.

Surely there's a better way to find the practical "inner" width of a
window; i.e., the space where we can put text and stuff?  Does anybody
know?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no