Subject: bug#31194: 26.1; `display-buffer-in-major-side-window' was renamed without an alias.

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 01:08:29 +1200

Changelog.3 records that `display-buffer-in-major-side-window' was
renamed to `window--make-major-side-window'; but no alias from the old
name to the new name was added for backwards-compatibility.

I have at least one library installed (which-key.el) which triggers an
error on this account.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll 
bars)
  of 2018-04-15 built on shodan
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.11804000
System Description:	Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/home/phil/emacs/26.1rc1/usr/local
  --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-sound'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 THREADS
LCMS2

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_NZ.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 96629 11156)
  (symbols 48 20708 3)
  (miscs 40 52 168)
  (strings 32 29647 1508)
  (string-bytes 1 762488)
  (vectors 16 13980)
  (vector-slots 8 492622 10468)
  (floats 8 51 93)
  (intervals 56 239 0)
  (buffers 992 11)
  (heap 1024 26898 1103))