Subject: bug#31193: 26.1; error in `term-down' after window configuration change

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 08:15:23 -0400

tags 31193 fixed
close 31193
quit

I could reproduce the error when using bash 4.3.  The main difference in
versions seems to be that bash-4.4 repaints the last line of the prompt
in reponse to the resize event, whereas bash-4.3 doesn't respond to that
event; it just waits for the next user input.

Phil Sainty <[email-masked]> writes:

> I observe that whenever I execute a shell command (or just enter a blank
> line) and then trigger the error, I get this the first time:
>
>   term-emulate-terminal(#<process terminal> "\015\033[K$\015\n")

Although I never got this short string.  I always get
"\015\033[K<prompt>\015\n\032/<path>\015\n<prompt>".  Not really that
important, it's just kind of tickling my curiosity.

Anyways, pushed the fixed to emacs-26.

[1: b89ff0efdb]: 2018-04-18 07:33:27 -0400
  Don't assume term-current-row cache is valid (Bug#31193)
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=b89ff0efdb65e9febe4c3ed2586a48a2b42233aa