Subject: bug#31179: 26.1; eww leaves processes that slow Emacs

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 22:19:41 +0200

Alex Branham <[email-masked]> writes:

> Only slightly. It's at 0% before and at 1% after. The amount of time
> varies from anywhere between a quarter of a second to maybe 15 or 20
> seconds.
>
> Setting url-http-attempt-keepalives to nil as Andreas suggested seems to
> solve the problem.

Huh.  20 seconds is perhaps the time it takes for url to close the
connections normally?

But all this points to idle open connections slowing down your Emacs?
That's interesting...  and shouldn't happen.  How sluggish did this make
your Emacs?

The Emacs network connection code should be asynchronous and not lead to
any noticeable delays when you have idle connections, even if they're
TLS connections.  So it sounds like we might have an obscure bug
somewhere in that area?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no