Subject: [bug#31178] [PATCH] gnu: Add inxi.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 15:17:16 +0200

Pierre,

Thanks for your work so far! Discussions about inputs (bah, 
propagation's evil) and who'll write what aside:

On 2018-04-16 14:38, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
> +  ;; TODO: Include additional inputs once their corresponding packages 
> is no
> +  ;; longer missing: hddtemp, dig (from dnsutils), perl-xml-dumper.  
> ipmitool
> +  ;; and ipmi-sensors.

The only canonical ‘dig’ that I know & love comes from the BIND project, 
as installed by ‘bind:utils’.
Does inxi explicitly require this ‘dnsutils’ version? Is it a fork? 
Patched? Separate implementation?

I think I have a ‘hddtemp’ package banging about somewhere.

> +       ("curl" ,curl)                   ; only if dig is missing.
> [...]
> +       ;; ("wget" ,wget)                   ; only if dig and curl are 
> missing.

Curl's closure is bigger than that of wget (~210 MiB vs. ~127 MiB), but 
it's probably smaller than wget+bind.
Would curl alone cover all uses of wget+bind in the script? (‘I can't be 
bothered to dig through it’ is an acceptable answer.)

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser. Excuse or enjoy my brevity.