Subject: [bug#31178] [PATCH] gnu: Add inxi.

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 11:04:40 +0530

Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I didn't know Oleg was going to submit a patch, maybe there was some
>> confusion in the process :p
>
> I've mentioned it in our mailing list discussion, see
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2018-04/msg00130.html

Sorry, I had completely missed the last line :)

> If you are talking about 31176, then no, because I've used a wrapper to
> find all ‘inxi-minimal’ or ‘inxi’ requisites.  It was easy to do,
> because ‘inxi’ in 31176 is a Shell script, not a Perl script.  Thanks to
> Chris Marusich for an idea.

I think we can do the same thing for the Perl version.  You want to give
it a try?

If I understand correctly, relying on native-inputs would mean that if the user
runs `guix gc`, then all of inxi "optional" dependencies would go.
Is this correct?

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt

Computers are unreliable, but humans are even more unreliable.
Any system which depends on human reliability is unreliable.
		-- Gilb