Subject: Re: [bug#31178] [PATCH] gnu: Add inxi.

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 18:01:43 +0530

Oleg, if I understood correctly, your concern was about inputs.
To re-quote myself:

> If I understand correctly, relying on native-inputs would mean that if the user
> runs `guix gc`, then all of inxi "optional" dependencies would go.
> Is this correct?

What's your take on inputs then?  If there is anything else, please go
ahead, I can try to address those issues.

I don't have deep knowledge of Perl either so there might be some more
issues I haven't noticed yet.  But I think those can easily be patched
in the future when we have more user feedback.

I think it's better to have a package that behaves well in the general
case than not having a package at all.

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt

The solution of problems is the most characteristic and peculiar sort
of voluntary thinking.
		-- William James