Subject: [bug#31175] [PATCH] gnu: Add postgis.

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 00:26:45 +0200

Hi Julien,

cool! Thanks for adding GDAL (and PostGIS). I have this on my TODO-list
but haven't done it yet because of the long license list and all the
dependencies. That's also the reason of why I haven't (yet?) done a
full review. I only noticed two things:

* Add a Copyright header for you.

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 11:18:21 +0200
Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> wrote:

> * gnu/packages/geo.scm (gdal): New variable.
> ---
>  gnu/packages/geo.scm | 93
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 1 file changed, 93
> insertions(+)

[..]

> +    (home-page "http://www.gdal.org/")
> +    (synopsis "Raster and vector geospation data format library")
This should be:                     geospatiAL 

> +    (description "GDAL is a translator library for raster and vector
> geospatial +data formats.  As a library, it presents a single raster
> abstract data model +and single vector abstract data model to the
> calling application for all +supported formats.  It also comes with a
> variety of useful command line +utilities for data translation and
> processing.")

OK.

> +    (license (list

Not looked into this.

Björn