Subject: Re: [bug#31175] [PATCH] gnu: Add postgis.

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 07:44:45 +0200

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 11:18:21 +0200
Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi, here are two patches to add postgis and its dependency gdal.

Hi Julien,

I did a concise review of GDAL now. Besides of my above remarks, I have
the following small notes:

   (license (list
               ; general license
 --> I think full-line comments should start with ";;" double semi-colons.

       ("libjpeg" ,libjpeg)

--> Can you use libjpeg-turbo?

The list of dependencies/supported algorithms could of cause be
extended, but as a first start, this is OK.

 I could successfully use in
a guix container ogr2ogr with a shapefile, transforming coordinates from
EPSG:31468 to EPSG:4326. Furthermore, I could gdal_translate a tif+tfw
into a jpeg*world-file.

Thanks,

Björn