Subject: Re: bug#31155: 26.1; electric-pair-mode sometimes inserts extra ) in process buffers

From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 09:39:39 -0500

On Wed 18 Apr 2018 at 20:12, Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hmm, maybe add some tracing to narrow down the problem a bit?
>
>     (dolist (fun '(electric-pair--balance-info
>                    electric-pair-skip-if-helps-balance
>                    electric-pair-syntax-info
>                    electric-pair-default-skip-self))
>       (trace-function-background fun))
>
> Then take a look at the *trace-output* buffer after you manage to
> reproduce the problem.

Sorry for taking so long to respond, it is difficult to capture this
happening. I finally managed to this morning, though. Here's the last
few lines of the *trace-output* buffer:

======================================================================
1 -> (electric-pair-syntax-info 91)
1 <- electric-pair-syntax-info: (40 93 nil 79153)
======================================================================
1 -> (electric-pair-syntax-info 91)
1 <- electric-pair-syntax-info: (40 93 nil 79153)
======================================================================
1 -> (electric-pair--balance-info 1 79153)
1 <- electric-pair--balance-info: ((t) t)
======================================================================
1 -> (electric-pair-syntax-info 93)
1 <- electric-pair-syntax-info: (41 91 nil 79153)
======================================================================
1 -> (electric-pair-syntax-info 91)
1 <- electric-pair-syntax-info: (40 93 nil 79153)
======================================================================
1 -> (electric-pair-syntax-info 91)
1 <- electric-pair-syntax-info: (40 93 nil 79153)
======================================================================
1 -> (electric-pair--balance-info 1 79153)
1 <- electric-pair--balance-info: ((nil . 93) nil . 93)

This happened when I typed (in an inferior R buffer):

Rhats[[

What showed up:

Rhats[[]

What should've shown up:

Rhats[[]]

Let me know if there's anything else I can do.