Subject: bug#31150: Entries in load-path should not have trailing slashes

From: Reinhard Kotucha <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 08:39:28 +0200

On 2018-04-14 at 21:01:28 -0700, Radon Rosborough wrote:

 > > For crying out loud, one does not have to look in the "sources of
 > > this" package or use "Google" searches.
 > 
 > > Perhaps some minimal trust in the package authors would be in order.
 > 
 > > How about reading the documentation of load-path?
 > 
 > > it takes an extraordinary amount of chutzpah to blame the package
 > > authors when the results are crap. Basically you think the package
 > > authors too stupid to create useful documentation
 > 
 > > Sorry, go and cry to Google that their algorithms are too stupid to
 > > pick up the standard documentation of packages then.
 > 
 > It does not seem productive for us to continue this discussion
 > further, and I am not particularly interested in continuing to be
 > insulted. I will not reply to further messages along the above lines.

As someone who met David many times in person at various conferences,
I can assure you that it's definitely not David's intention to insult
you or anybody else in any way.

I know many people who acknowledge David's helpfulness very much.
But it's also well known that David immediately gets pissed-off if
he's blamed for things he isn't responsible for.  Admittedly, his
mail messages often sound quite harsh.  Don't worry.

It's a pity that you didn't have the opportunity to meet David in
person.  The internet is a great thing because it allows you to
communicate with everybody in the world.  But it's also the cause of
many problems which are avoidable if poeple simply meet physically as
we did when I was young.

I know David very well and can assure you that the least thing he had
in mind is to insult you.  Don't worry if his mails sound quite harsh.

I'm looking forward to meet you both at BachoTeX-2018.

Regards,
  Reinhard

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
Reinhard Kotucha                            Phone: +49-511-3373112
Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:[email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------