Subject: bug#31149: 27.0.50; (gui-get-selection nil 'text/html) returns mis-decoded text

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 11:37:28 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I think it would make sense for us to do the same here.  It should be
>> easy enough for us to detect that the string is utf-16, I think?
>
> I think you want to use auto-coding-regexp-alist-lookup.

Ah, thanks.  So should I go ahead and make this change?  It looks pretty
trivial, but I guess there could be interop problems with code that
assumes the current odd behaviour.

>> The data has a BOM
>
> Does it?  It doesn't have to, at least not in principle.

It doesn't have to, but it always does on the systems I've tested on.
But I guess it doesn't matter, `auto-coding-regexp-alist-lookup' will
figure it out in any case...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no