Subject: bug#31148: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 19:05:02 +0000

Your bug report

#31148: 26.1; require w32 errors

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31148: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31148
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 14:04:06 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Close bug report

Subject: 26.1; require w32 errors
From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 09:50:47 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi -

If you try

(require 'w32-fns)

or

(require 'w32-fns nil t)

It produces an error void-function set-message-beep. This is reproducible for me from emacs -q.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function set-message-beep)
  set-message-beep(nil)
  byte-code("\300\301\302\303#\210\304\301\302\305#\210\306\307\310\"\210\311\303!\207" [defalias set-w32-system-coding-system w32-set-system-coding-system nil make-obsolete "26.1" defvaralias w32-system-coding-system locale-coding-system set-message-beep] 4)
  #<subr require>(w32-fns nil t)
  ad-Advice-require(#<subr require> w32-fns nil t)
  apply(ad-Advice-require #<subr require> (w32-fns nil t))
  require(w32-fns nil t)
  eval((require 'w32-fns nil t) nil)
  eval-expression((require 'w32-fns nil t) nil nil 127)
  funcall-interactively(eval-expression (require 'w32-fns nil t) nil nil 127)
  call-interactively(eval-expression nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-expression)

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2018-04-10 built on earth
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-mailutils --with-xml2 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-xft
 --with-xaw3d --with-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic
 -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -fno-plt'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS NOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11
MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix