Subject: bug#31145: 27.0.50; forwarding an html email in gnus mungs the headers if they contain a blank line

From: Robert Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 14:01:55 +0100

In gnus I C-c C-f'ed an email with multiple mimeparts one of which is
html.
That email also contains a blank line with the headers

------- header section
X-Spam-Report: Content analysis details: (2.2 points)
 
  pts rule name              description

------- end of extract but more lines of headers followed

When the user received the forward those headers read:

X-Spam-Report: Content analysis details: (2.2 points)
--=====-=-=
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=====-=-="

  pts rule name              description

Looks like some part of the forwarding interpreted the blank line as the
end of the headers?
If necessary I can - off list - forward an email of both the original
and the corrupted forward.

Robert

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 9, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.31)
 of 2018-03-09 built on ct-lt-579
Repository revision: 80e145fc96765cc0a0f48ae2425294c8c92bce56
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11902000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)

Recent messages:
Sending via mail...
Sending email 
Sending email done
Sending...done
Checking new news...
Reading active file via nndraft...done
Checking new news...done
2:Codethink:INBOX
nnimap read 0k from mail.codethink.co.uk
Auto-saving...done

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 THREADS
LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Article

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gnus-desktop-notify-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/robertmarshall/elisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb hides /home/robertmarshall/.emacs.d/elpa/bbdb-20170725.300/bbdb
<snip>

Features:
(shadow emacsbug gnus-fun url-cache man gnus-dup etags xref project
hywconfig magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-branch magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-process magit-margin magit-mode magit-git
magit-section magit-popup git-commit recentf tree-widget magit-utils ido
log-edit with-editor warnings esh-var esh-cmd esh-opt esh-io esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
async-bytecomp async ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff add-log log-view pcvs-util vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs mailalias smtpmail sendmail bbdb-com
crm bbdb bbdb-site cal-move eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
help-fns radix-tree misearch multi-isearch flow-fill qp sort gnus-cite
smiley shr-color mm-archive mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml eww
mm-url url-queue shr svg make-mode conf-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs gud python
tramp-sh vagrant-tramp dash term disp-table ehelp tramp trampver
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs ucs-normalize shell whitespace dired-aux
gnus-topic cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnfolder network-stream
starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-cache
bbdb-loaddefs gnus-desktop-notify alert log4e notifications dbus gntp
gnus-demon nntp idlwave imenu idlwave-help idlw-help vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher jinja2-mode rx sgml-mode dom tcl cl-extra help-mode
texinfo elec-pair flyspell ispell org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus nnir org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m view sh-script executable ruby-mode smie
autorevert filenotify vc-git diff-mode yaml-mode dired-x server
hyperbole hinit hibtypes hib-doc-id hsys-www klink subr-x hib-kbd
hib-debbugs hib-social hsys-org markdown-mode color thingatpt
ox-impress-js ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree
generator org advice edmacro kmacro org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs pcase org-loaddefs
find-func gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils wid-edit
hactypes hui-mini hui hui-mouse hui-window hargs hui-menu hyrolo-menu
hyrolo hmail hui-jmenu noutline outline easy-mmode hmouse-key hmouse-sh
hmouse-drv hypb locate dired dired-loaddefs hsettings hui-em-but hbut
hact hpath hhist hbdata htz cal-julian cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
hbmap hmoccur browse-url hui-select hvar set hversion hload-path desktop
frameset jira xml-rpc timezone url-http tls gnutls url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap url-auth
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-gw nsm rmc puny xml cl time-date
mule-util finder-inf kotl-loaddefs info package easymenu epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1377922 116303)
 (symbols 48 72111 196)
 (miscs 40 2570 1882)
 (strings 32 205711 16962)
 (string-bytes 1 6918517)
 (vectors 16 96003)
 (vector-slots 8 2437762 212154)
 (floats 8 639 1530)
 (intervals 56 40205 6568)
 (buffers 992 397))