Subject: bug#31143: elisp manual corrections

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 16:54:19 +0300

> From: Tony Kennedy <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 23:36:46 +0000
> 
> I have made some comments, corrections, and suggestions on the attached PDF copy of the elisp manual. I thought I would send it to you in case you might find it useful.

Thanks for taking time to read the manual and comment on it.

I fixed some typos and other uncontroversial parts of your
suggestions, but left others unhandled, either because they were
already fixed in the current sources (it sounds like you didn't build
the latest version from the Emacs Git repository), or because the
problem was most probably caused by your local configuration (in
particular the ﬂ ligature business: there's nothing wrong with the
Texinfo source in all those cases), or because I disagreed with your
suggestions.  And some comments seem to question the implementation,
not the correctness or clarity of the documentation, or generally
raise issues for which I didn't feel the manual is the right place.

For the future, I suggest to send your comments and corrections citing
the Texinfo sources, not as comments to PDF version of the manual,
because the latter is harder to read.  (I actually encourage you to
resend these comments in that format, to facilitate their discussion
and application.)