Subject: bug#31132: closed (Re: bug#31132: AUCTeX, RefTeX and biblatex's multicite commands)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 20:34:02 +0000

Your bug report

#31132: AUCTeX, RefTeX and biblatex's multicite commands

which was filed against the auctex package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31132: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31132
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#31132: AUCTeX, RefTeX and biblatex's multicite commands
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: gusbrs <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 22:33:11 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

gusbrs <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think so too, this one is good to close. Once again, thank you very
> much!

You're welcome, and thank you for your support.  I think we will go on
with discussion about your proposals on auctex-devel.  For now, I'm
closing this report.

Best, Arash

Subject: AUCTeX, RefTeX and biblatex's multicite commands
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 20:35:39 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 From TeX.SX: https://tex.stackexchange.com/q/425883/105447

RefTeX's relations biblatex's multicite commands (such as \parencites, 
\footcites, \textcites and so on) leave some things to be desired for. 
Namely, they do not seem to be recognized as citation commands. This 
results in RefTeX's `reftex-view-crossref` (C-c &) returning "Not on a 
crossref macro argument". Also, in adding an extra bibkey to an already 
existing multicite command, it is not possible to access RefTeX's 
facilities.

Arash Esbati generously provided patches at TeX.SX that go a long way in 
dealing with these problems. However, support for the presence of global 
optional arguments (between parentheses) is still missing. At their 
request, I write to report this issue.

So, I kindly request that this issue be addressed when opportune.

With my warmest thanks for the great software,

gusbrs