Subject: bug#31132: AUCTeX, RefTeX and biblatex's multicite commands

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2024 11:01:34 +0200

Hi Gustavo,

gusbrs <[email-masked]> writes:

> Oh, wow! Back from ancient times. I think this was my first ever
> AUCTeX report.  :-)

Time flies :-)

> Sure, but please put me up to speed (it's been a long time, after
> all). If I read the patch correctly, it seems the intent here is
> adding support for "global" arguments (the ones delimited with
> parentheses). Is that correct? Anything else? (I'm asking so I know
> what to look for).

It's solely about getting C-& work with things like:

\parencites(Global Pre)(Global Post)[Pre][Post]{mitt:97}[Pre][Post]{lamp:94}

> Also, I have been patching this and some related RefTeX functions,
> especially for this reason, plus some others. Since you have your
> hands on this, would you like me to share what I have here for them,
> to see if you can spot anything which might be worth handling at this
> point?

Yes, please, share them, and we can see what we can incorporate
upstream, highly appreciated 👍

> Mhm, yeah. Tricky notation. No particularly interesting approach pops
> up to me.  In fairness, I've never seen any of those "in the wild".

We can leave that open for now.

> I'm surprised you dug this back. It is appreciated. Thank you.

I started looking at our old bug reports, let's see if we can close this
one as well.  Since it is your first report, it should get the attention
deserved ;-)

Best, Arash