Subject: RE: bug#31130: 26; Regression: intra-glossary links broken in Emacs manual

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 09:16:05 -0700 (PDT)

> Drew, are you sure you are reading the Info files that came with the
> Emacs binary whose details you included in the report?

I thought I was.  I used emacs -Q, and all of the files
for each build are in the same directory.

> ISTR that you reported in the past similar problems, and
> each time the reason turned out to be old Info files
> and/or old Emacs versions.

I don't think so.  Please point me to a thread about that.

> Both Texinfo and Emacs changed a few years ago how offsets
> of index entries are calculated and used, and the change
> matters when the Info file has DOS CR-LF line endings, so
> now old Info files and new Emacs might be incompatible.

The only thing I recall that is similar to what you are
saying is that the Emacs snapshots/binaries made available
to us did not use the latest texinfo or whatever.  So what
I reported wrt curly quotes did not correspond to what you
thought should have been the case.  That was a problem
caused not by my setup but by the Emacs build (I don't
build Emacs).

Does that sound familiar?  Is it what you really meant?
If not, please do point out a thread where this was
discussed and the cause of the problem was found.