Subject: [bug#31121] [PATCH 1/3] gnu: Add python2-urlgrabber

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 23:36:56 +0200

Tomáš Čech <[email-masked]> writes:

>  * gnu/packages/python.scm (python2-urlgrabber): New variable.

There is a 'python-web' module as well, would that be a good fit for
this package?  python.scm had to be split up since it was causing
problems for the Guile compiler.

[...]

> +(define-public python2-urlgrabber
> +  (package
> +    (name "python2-urlgrabber")
> +    (version "3.10.2")
> +    (source
> +     (origin
> +       (method url-fetch)
> +       (uri (pypi-uri "urlgrabber" version))
> +       (sha256
> +        (base32
> +         "0w1h7hlsq406bxfy2pn4i9bd003bwl0q9b7p03z3g6yl0d21ddq5"))))
> +    (build-system python-build-system)
> +    (arguments
> +     `(#:python ,python-2))

If Python 3 is unsupported, please add a comment about it.  Otherwise
it's better to add a Python 3 variant and make the Py2 variant inherit
from it.

> +    (home-page "http://urlgrabber.baseurl.org")
> +    (synopsis "A high-level cross protocol url-grabber")

Synopses should not start with an article (I believe `guix lint` will
warn about this).  Simply "High-level cross-protocol URL grabber".

> +    (description "URL grabber library unifying http://, ftp:// and file://
> +protocols access, supporting HTTP keepalive, reget, throttling and other
> +convenience features.")

Please turn this into one or more complete sentences.
E.g. "@code{urlgrabber} is a Python library that unifies access to
...  It supports bla bla.".

> +    (license license:lgpl2.1)))

This should be LGPL2.1+ as mentioned in the code headers.