Subject: bug#31120: closed (Re: bug#31120: 25.3; issue about sudo in eshell)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 16:03:03 +0000

Your bug report

#31120: 25.3; issue about sudo in eshell

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
31120: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=31120
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#31120: 25.3; issue about sudo in eshell
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: z wolf <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 17:02:24 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

>>> https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=226228
>>
>> It would be helpful if you could be a little bit more verbose.
>>
>> Anyway, eshell uses eshell-password-prompt-regexp in order to detect a
>> password prompt. Does your password prompt fits into this regexp?
>>
>> Could you pls show how the password prompt looks in the eshell buffer?
>
> Ping.

Still no more information, for months.

I've checked the original report from freebsd, again. The problem was
solved there by using changed LC_ALL settings, which sounds acceptable
to me.

Maybe we are missing another entry in regexp-opt password-word-equivalents.
But since we don't get further information, and it is unlikely that this
changes, I'm closing this bug. Feel free to reply further information,
if any.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 25.3; issue about sudo in eshell
From: z wolf <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 00:10:25 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=226228

In GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-openbsd)
 of 2017-10-03 built on amd64.ports.openbsd.org
Configured using:
 'configure --build=amd64-unknown-openbsd --without-sound --without-x
 --without-dbus --without-file-notification --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --without-jpeg --prefix=/usr/local
 --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/local/man --infodir=/usr/local/info
 --localstatedir=/var --disable-silent-rules --disable-gtk-doc
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe -fno-pie' CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib -nopie''

Configured features:
GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: zh_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ERC

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-scrolltobottom-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Sending...done
Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n) y
Saving file /home/eagle/.newsrc...
Wrote /home/eagle/.newsrc
Saving /home/eagle/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/eagle/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/eagle/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/eagle/.newsrc.eld...done
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
user-error: End of history; no default available

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/misc/misc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/misc
~/.emacs.d/lisp/prolog hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/progmodes/prolog
~/.emacs.d/lisp/package hides /usr/local/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/package

Features:
(gnus-cite nnir pop3 nndraft nnmh nnml nnfolder utf-7 gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source
utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems nnheader rfc2104 network-stream nsm starttls tls gnutls
mailalias smtpmail shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822
mml mml-sec epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils pcmpl-unix em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp
em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl
em-basic em-banner em-alias ibuf-ext ibuffer windmove erc-truncate
erc-list erc-menu erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-button wid-edit
erc-fill erc-stamp erc-track erc-ring erc-match erc-join erc-netsplit
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source cl-seq
eieio byte-opt eieio-core gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
password-cache term/xterm xterm bookmark pp auctex-autoloads tex-site
info tool-bar package derived cl-macs wubi quail advice pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg
esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util thingatpt edmacro kmacro
regexp-opt image-file time-date paren time image delsel cua-base
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl gv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mule-util china-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 315809 15952)
 (symbols 48 34116 34)
 (miscs 40 94 379)
 (strings 32 93585 16806)
 (string-bytes 1 2058279)
 (vectors 16 59750)
 (vector-slots 8 1439497 32860)
 (floats 8 411 764)
 (intervals 56 1655 879)
 (buffers 976 33))