Subject: Re: [bug#31114] [PATCH] gnu: Add fortune-mod.

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 12:30:51 +0530

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> For an example of how to do that, look at the native-inputs field of the
> Git package definition. The Git manpages are downloaded separately for
> that package.

Thanks for the hint, it works like a charm!

    (add-after 'unpack 'fix-build-env
           (lambda* (#:key inputs #:allow-other-keys)
             (let* ((cmake-rules (assoc-ref inputs "cmake-rules")))
               (copy-file cmake-rules "fortune-mod/cmake/Shlomif_Common.cmake")
               (chdir "fortune-mod"))))

One nit: I want to install the file without specifying its destination
name (re-use the source name).
~install-file~ can do that but here ~cmake-rules~ contains the checksum
prefix.

I remember seeing a procedure to trim the checksum prefix from file
names somewhere...

More generally: is there an API reference or is it just the source code?
Development documentation seems a bit scarce...

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt

You will gain money by a speculation or lottery.