Subject: Re: [bug#31114] [PATCH] gnu: Add fortune-mod.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 22:51:54 +0200

Hi,

Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> skribis:

> A few questions:
>
> - Tests need perl-run-valgrind or something like that which is not in
>   the repo yet.  I guess it would be better to add it.  Should I do it?
>   I know nothing about Perl packagin, so if something feels like giving
>   it a shot...

‘guix import cpan’ feels like giving it a shot.  :-)

More seriously, if Valgrind testing is optional, it’s OK to leave it out
IMO.  The other tests would be nice to have, and the Perl packages are
probably easy to import if you wanted to try, but that shouldn’t be a
blocker IMO.

> - A cmake file is deliberately missing from the source (strange
>   engineering methods...) so I included it as a patch.  Not so
>   convenient.  Is it possible to add several sources so that the missing
>   file gets downloaded from its separate git repository?

You can add an ‘origin’ in ‘inputs’.  It would be preferable than adding
it as a patch, indeed.

Would you like to give it a try?

Thanks,
Ludo’.