Subject: bug#31111: Partition table wrongly identified as "atari"

From: bouke_1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 17:10:22 +0200

Some additional observations:

Browsing the bug list archive (which I probably should have done before 
posting) I noticed that the support for Atari disks is implemented as a 
patch on top of version 3.2 
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-parted/2016-12/msg00004.html). No 
wonder I could not find the term 'atari' in the parted 3.2 source :) 
Looks like the function atari_probe may be fuddled by some coincidence?

<quote>
+/*
+ * The Atari disk label doesn't have any magic id
+ * so we must completely parse the layout to be sure
+ * we are really dealing with it.
+ */
</unquote>

Apparently, the version of parted in the Clonezilla distribution (and of 
partedlib used in gparted) is patched (parted --version reports 3.2).
I don't have a full Linux system at hand so I can't compile from source 
& depend on binary distributions.

Bouke