Subject: bug#31105: [bug-diffutils] bug#31105: bug#31105: [PATCH] Restart and reset ANSI escapes on each line for compatibility with less -R

From: Jim Meyering <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 16:15:28 -0800

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 2:45 PM Dennis Lambe Jr. <[email-masked]> wrote:
...
> Sure. I don't know if this qualifies as a bug fix, or new feature, or
> what. But how about this?
>
>    diff --color now produces output compatible with less -R.

Thanks. I put that in a NEWS section labeled "Improvements."
I've made some trivial SP/TAB indentation changes in an attempt to
reach consistency (the existing code is not consistent on that front),
removed the braces you added around a single-statement "then" block,
and made this change:
-  fprintf (outfile, "\n");
+  putc ('\n', outfile);

Re TAB-vs-SP indentation, after the upcoming release, I will make the
global substitution to convert all indentation TABs to spaces.

Here's the result. Please review carefully and let me know if you
would like to change anything. I won't push until after I've heard
from you.