Subject: Windows - Emacs-25.3.1 Can't find source.tex file

From: Liyu Gong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 09:40:50 -0400

Hi,

I installed AucTeX (Windows, Emacs-25.3.1) from elpa.gnu.org, but was
not able to successfully compiled the attached simple LaTeX file. The
error says:

ERROR: I can't find file `aa.tex'.

--- TeX said ---
! I can't find file `aa.tex'.
--- HELP ---
TeX can't find a file that it needs. If the name of the missing file
has the extension tex, then it is looking for an input file that you
specified---either your main file or another file inserted with an
\input or \include command. If the missing file has the extension sty
, then you have specified a nonexistent document style or style
option.

I tried to downgraded AucTeX, and it turned out that AucTeX-11.91.0
worked normally, any version that newer than 11.91.0 got the same
error.

Thanks,
Liyu Gong