Subject: Re: bug#31079: Windows - Emacs-25.3.1 Can't find source.tex file

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2018 13:59:49 +0900

Hi Liyu, thanks for your patience.

>>>>> Liyu Gong <[email-masked]> writes:
> Hi Ikumni,
> The result of the evaluation is: 1 (#o1, #x1, ?\C-a)

Ah, no, what I'd like to know is not the lisp return value, but the
string inserted in the buffer.  What string is inserted in the buffer
when you put the point just after the following form in *scratch* buffer
and type C-x C-e ?

(call-process "kpsewhich" nil
			       (list standard-output nil) nil
			       "--expand-path" "{.,..}")

I suspect that it is ".:..", not ".;..".  If this speculation is
correct, then cygwin version of kpsewhich is used at auto detection.

> Yes, I do have a cygwin version TeX distribution. But I just double
> checked. I didn't put the cygwin path in windows PATH, or in emacs
> exec-path.

Hmm.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita