Subject: Re: bug#31063: 27.0.50; improve help for advised functions

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 12:12:41 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> (eval-defun EDEBUG-IT)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> :override advice: ‘edebug-eval-defun’
>>>>>
>>>>> (where ":override advice:" is highlighted in orange)
>>>>>
>>>>> Could we please remove (or amend) the orange color for readability,
>>>>
>>>> I also removed the warning face, but feel free to put that back if
>>>> somebody thinks that this deserves a warning.  It seemed a bit too
>>>> dramatic to me.
>>>
>>> It could have a link on ":override advice:" clicking on which will
>>> visit the advice definition.
>>
>> That would be nice.  Do we have that information?
>
> I remember that old defadvice had some link in the Help buffer, but
> now I can't confirm this.  But for new nadvice maybe this will work:
> if a piece of advice is at least a function defined by `defun' then
> maybe it's possible to display the body of advice with a link to the
> function defined by `defun'?

Hm...  isn't that what that `edebug-eval-defun' thing up there is,
though?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no