Subject: Re: bug#31057: 27.0.50; Gnus: Make configurable what to show when selecting a group

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 13:40:08 +0200

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> That's what I also expected, but it doesn't seem to be the case.  I
> installed an advice for gnus-alter-articles-to-read-function, and also
> verified that the advice worked correctly, but it didn't do that.  After
> reading the code a bit, I got the impression that
> `gnus-alter-articles-to-read-function' is for controlling what articles
> are fetched (additionally) from the server, but not which are shown in
> the summary.

Well, you're not supposed to advice
`gnus-alter-articles-to-read-function', but instead set it to a function
that returns a new list of articles (based on the list that's passed
in).  And as far as I can tell from reading the code, the list returned
is the list of articles Gnus will fetch from the server (and then
display, depending on whether you have other filters in place).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no